1. Management and the child’s key worker will work in partnership with the parents to settle the child into the nursery environment.
2. The parents/carers will be encouraged to visit three times with their child before
the admission date. This will allow the child to become familiar with their new surroundings and child carers.
3. During the 2nd settling in sessions we encourage parents and carers to leave their child independently for one hour, and encourage the short period of separation.
4. On the 3rd session, parents are encouraged to say a goodbye and to leave the child for 2.5 hours,gradually building up the day.
5. Parents are encouraged throughout the day to telephone the nursery if they wish to check on their child’s progress.
6. Please allow the child to bring some sort of comforter for their first session.
7. There is no set time scale on how well children settle, as each child is an Individual, some children settle within 2 visits and others can take a bit longer. This can also depend on how many sessions the child attends per week.
8. For those children who do take a longer time to settle, we offer the parent and child lots of encouragement and reassurance, the nursery will work closely with the parents to ensure that the parents and children are confident and happy in the nursery.